The HydraLITE is a cost effective computerised multi-head press combining the flexibility of a manual machine, with the speed and ease of computer controlled set-up on centre apex and bottom chord press heads.
Developed for short or long production runs, the HydraLITE features an improved manufacturing capability over conventional multi-head presses due to improved set-up times.
Movement of the centre apex press head (for height) and all bottom chord press heads are computer controlled. Camber adjustment, plate feed and top chord head positioning are controlled manually, which
provides significant cost savings on the machine.
The production cycle time is also improved compared with other multi heads, as the HydraLITE incorporates nail plate placement. Typically, assembly cycle time for an A Type truss, including placing of timber and unloading finished truss, is 50 seconds. The flow of material to the press and the removal of finished trusses will determine the overall productivity of the machine.
- Fast set-up
- Automated centre apex and bottom chord heads.
- Head positioning
- Head angulation (manual operation)
- Plate location (manual operation)
- All heads revert to manual control if required.
- Clear working area.
- Walk-through design.
- Movable operator console with interlocked controls, air and hydraulic lines contained within cat-track.
- Pneumatic timber clamps.
- Top chord heads manually positioned.
- Head movement may be reverted to manual control at the touch of a button.
- Camber - manual set up.
- Manufactures half trusses with ease.
- Length 15200mm, Width 5135mm, Height 1120mm.
- 14m heavy duty base rail,
- Six movable arms, apex arm length 4020mm,
- Seven bottom chord heads with camber adjustment.
- Multiple press heads, all joints pressed simultaneously.
- Press heads not required may be isolated and set to one end of the jig.
- Very fast cycle time.
- Automatic nail plate feeders.
- Press heads retract following pressing allowing operators to easily lift the finished truss clear of the jig.
- Accurate plate location.
- 2, 25 tonne splice heads, plus 11, 18 tonne press heads.
- Automatic nail plate feeders on all heads.
- Power requirements: 3 Phase and neutral, 415 Volt, 30A.
- Air requirements: 850 kPa, 120 psi (minimum).
- Press hydraulic power pack motor: 18 kW.
- Maximum operating pressure: 165.5 bar (2400 PSI).
- Press head throat opening (between top and bottom platens) - 95mm.
- Press platen size (top and bottom - width x depth): 300 x 250mm.
- All non heel heads have 2 chord clamps,
- 2 x pneumatic bottom chord clamps,
- 4 x heel clamps,
- 20 plate magazines.
- Truss information:
- Maximum span of truss: 14200mm.
- Maximum height of truss: 3880mm.
- Trusses with internal plates cannot be pressed.
- Minimum distance between pressing points is 550mm. Control System:
- PLC - pneumatic