The AutoBENCH Mark-II is a computer controlled wallplate trenching and docking machine, which can be linked to MiTek Australia Ltd’s range of software.
Information from architectural plans is keyed into MiTek software programs which are used to detail panels and provide information on stud locations and openings in the wall frame plates.
Using a local terminal on the AutoBENCH Mark-II, the operator selects jobs and individual panels, as they are required to be manufactured. The machine then automatically docks to length and trenches the top and bottom plates at each common stud and opening position. Top and bottom wall-plates are produced simultaneously even though plate thickness may vary.
The AutoBENCH Mark-II is a very fast and accurate method of trenching and docking plates as the information is read direct from MiTek software, eliminating the possibility of omitting details from or misreading information from production sheets.
- Fast production rate Improved 25-30% on productivity of AutoBENCH Mark-I.
- Accuracy +/- 1mm.
- Minimises wastage by reducing off cuts.
- Stock length keys enabling the operator to optimise timber use.
- One man operation.
- Eliminates operator boredom and fatigue associated with manual methods and subsequent errors.
- Operators are easy to train, as they do not need expertise in wallframe construction methods.
- Computer controlled timber feed.
- Data downloaded from MiTek wallframing programmes.
- Automatic docking and trenching of plates.
- Produces top and bottom plates simultaneously independent of variation in plate thicknesses.
- Arrangement - 1 x Docking Saw, 1 x Trenching Saw, 1 x Computer, 1 x 6m infeed bench with automatic timber feed, 1 x 6m outfeed bench.
- Overall equipment dimensions - Length – 14 metres, Width - 1.2 metres, Height - 1.5 metres.
- Power requirements - 3-phase and neutral, 415V, 20A.
- Air requirements - 552 kPa, 80 psi.
- Saw motors - 2 x 2.2 kW, 1440 rpm.
- Docking saw blade diameter - 350mm.
- Trenching saw blade diameter - 205mm.
- Trolley speed - 220 mm/second.
- Racking Wall - Top and bottom plate processed independently.
- Trenching Saw - 37-47 mm width of cut controlled by software.
- Docking Saw - 90° cuts only.
- Minimum plate length - 0mm.
- Maximum plate length - 6000mm.
The AutoBENCH Mark-II will process the following plate combinations:
|No. of Pieces||Plate Width x Thickness (mm)|
|2||70 x 45|
|2||70 x 35|
|Comb. 1||70 x 35|
|1||70 x 45|
|2||90 x 45|
|2||90 x 35|
|Comb. 1||90 x 45|
|1||90 x 35|
Pentium (minimum), Windows 95, Network card (BNC/UTP combination)
Extractor for waste material.